Sunday, July 26, 2009

Introductions are all in order

Hello to the audience that has happened across the page, by whatever means. For some reason, you have come to read this blog, and hopefully are still reading by this point. So with a keyboard as my microphone, sounding out into the Internet, allow me to introduce myself. I am that girl at the rock show. Yes, keep nodding your head. That was me with the bright shirt and the massive ray bans, and yes that was me jumping over the barrier just to make it on stage for a moment. And trust me, that was definitely my voice that was sounding louder than the band as the chorus came through the speakers. But most of all, I'm the girl at the front of the crowd with her eyes upturned, body swaying back and forth, mentally recording every second for moments like these when I feel compelled to morph the night into a sprawl of descriptions and analogies.
This has become my life in the past several years, going to an unholy amount of shows and constantly craving more. I can't help the fact that I'm addicted to the feeling of the ground as it pulses in rhythm to the bass. Music is a drug, my friend. Good luck getting that intoxication out of my blood stream, I'm hooked.
Since I have no plans to eradicate my obsession with music from my life (unless you can squeeze in rehab between the show on Monday and the album release on Tuesday), I plan to put my antics to use. This blog will be home to reviews on upcoming bands, live shows, and existing/newly released albums. From here on out, I will record every show that I attend in full in the hopes that these artists will get the credit they deserve in the form of an honest and straightforward review. However, written by an aspiring novelist/journalist, these posts will also come with descriptions of the night itself and everything that occurred on and off the stage. The goal is to transport you there, to my very place in the crowd-and that means including all the gory details.
While I do attend a significant amount of concerts( I make sure of it), I am not aware of every upcoming event. In light of this, if you would like to recommend a show or a band for a review, I will do my very best to look into your suggestions. While songs belonging to songs of the rock persuasion are the most frequently played on my stereo, I am open to any genre. All suggestions are welcome, as well as advice or questions that you might have in that head of yours. Basically, if you've got something to say, then you best step up to the mic and let me hear it.
So I've quite the line-up plotted out on my infamous clipboard, where a plethora of dates are scattered, concerts just waiting to be crashed.
Brace yourselves my friends, concert season is upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment